Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Mocha Frappe

I love, love, love McDonald’s Mocha Frappe drinks.
LOVE THEM.
But, they have HUGE calories in them and I’m cheap.
Today I had a craving for one but didn’t want the calories nor did I feel like dragging 2 kids out to go get one because then one $3 frappe turns into a $15 lunch.
So I happened to notice a little recipe booklet that Truvia had sent me in the mail and I spotted a recipe for iced coffee.  Hmmm.  Maybe I can make my own frappe.  I had some leftover coffee from breakfast so I decided to give it a shot.
It turned out really good.  Certainly not McDonald’s good, but definitely a worthy substitute and at like 1/5 of the calories or even less.
This recipe based upon my calculations is 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus values FOR THE WHOLE THING!
Homemade mocha frappe recipe (Weight Watchers friendly)
Print
Author: Kim Grabinski
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: 1
McDonalds mocha frappe recipe for Weight Watchers followers or those who simply want a healthier option. 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus values for the entire thing, though it could easily serve 2.
Ingredients
  • 8 oz. cold brewed coffee
  • 1/2 cup skim, or light soymilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-2 tbsp Truvia natural sweetener
  • 2 cups ice
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder (natural unsweetened)
Instructions
  1. Add all ingredients to blender.
  2. Pulse or use ice crushing setting to pulverize ice until all the ice is crushed.
  3. Mix on high speed for 15-30 seconds
  4. Serve
Calories: 56 Fat: .5 Carbohydrates: 16 Fiber: 2 Protein: 3
Notes
*Because we are using skim milk or soymilk, the frappe will not be as cream as McDonalds but it’s still tasty and has hundreds of calories less.
*The key to crushing ice is to pulse the blades. Turn them on for just a second at a time to let the ice resettle and blast it again. Press & release until the ice is crushed.
*Note that the nutrition information will vary depending upon the type milk used. The number below are based upon using 8th Continent Light Vanilla soymilk.
*Please calculate Weight Watchers PointsPlus values for yourself to verify.
It was so easy to make and YUM-MO. I might even make another, I have some more coffee left over.
http://accidentalmommies.com/homemade-mocha-frappe-recipe-weight-watchers-friendly/

No comments:

Post a Comment